Many people are interested in answering the question: "What makes a great leader?". What would you answer that question? There are many lists of these exercises written by others. These are quotations from an article by Bill George, former chairman and CEO of Medtronic. According to him, the most important feature is to be yourself! As you will see many of the leadership leaders need a lot of self-knowledge. Big leaders know themselves so that they can be themselves.
1. Truth "After years of leadership leaders and their habits, I believe the leadership begins and ends with reliability."
2. Desire to Serve Others "Designers leaders really want to serve others with their leadership."
3. Empowering People "They are more interested in strengthening the people they lead to being important but they are in power, money or opinion."
4. Guidance of Heart, Passion and Compassion "They are controlled by the characteristics of the heart, with passion and compassion, as they possess the characteristics of the mind."
5. Recognizing Their Disadvantages "Good leaders use their natural abilities, but they also acknowledge their flaws and work hard to overcome them."
6. Lead With Purpose "They result from purpose, meaning, and value."
7. Build Long-lasting Relationships "They Build Persistent Relationships With People."
8. Clear where they stand "Others watch them because they know where they stand."
9. Refusing to compromise "When the principals are tested, they refuse to compromise."
10. Developing Himself "Powerful leaders are dedicated to developing themselves because they know that becoming a leader takes a lifetime of personal growth."