Jack and Suzy Welch answer the question of power in the backside column of the Business Week August 25, 2008 issue. This particular definition is about strengthening leaders and emerging leaders in companies to take risks as a way to succeed – use Google as a model.
Strengthening people can take many forms. In most organizations there are many actions that can be taken, without financial risk for planning, to start empowering people.
From the largest company to the least profitable company, the intensity of behavior is a way that can add a lot of energy and leverage.
Here are ten actionable actions to help empower people.
1 – Create an opportunity for trust. Trust is from the results. The results derive from opportunities and actions. This climate can occur at all levels. The faster credible men are identified, the better. The same goes for unconvincing.
2. Provide recognition for donation. Many executives do not rationalize doing this by saying that the person was just doing his job. Question: Since we deliver a product, error free, on time and to customer spec just "doing their job?" Or to give a weekend and family show to restore a plan? Or to make double changes to correct a time-out meeting for a customer? Or fly to a workplace in a foreign country with 4 hours notice to deal with an angry customer? Recognition for work that is well done is to promote each level.
3 – Minimize the rules. Structure is important, no doubt about it. But in most organizations, the rules are either not clear, ignored or out of date. Strategies provide guidance and determination – and they empower people by providing a way to succeed. Why waste time and opportunity and constantly restore how we do – this bike?
4 – Develop meaningful goals and participate in those who can contribute to the process. This can be messy – it's so much easier to just write down what needs to be done. But participation increases people, and provides so much valuable input to set goals. And in most cases, the goals will be more aggressive than if the boss had just written them down. Selected people work harder and better.
5 – Recognizing results. This is different than recognizing a contribution, but equally valuable. Once the goal is achieved, strengthen the people concerned to go out and do more by acknowledging the goal.
6 – Develop limits for actions that allow some risk. Risky organizations do not like to hear "some kind of risk" speak for good reason. Nobody wants to be bagged and marked by a fraudulent merchant, a nonetheless lawyer, dishonest accountant, overly aggressive salesman. But creating boundaries based on the worst possible scenario limits the unique initiatives that can not be survived, not least flourishing.
7. Use the opportunity as a prize for success. This should be anyway, but it's amazing how many organizations and people do not look at the opportunity as a prize but at risk. Pessimists have their place in all institutions – they provide valuable management and healthy suspicion. But the future belongs to optimists – applicants opportunities.
8 – Ask people what they think. And then listen to their answers. I have previously written the scared words in business – "What do you think?" For managers and managers, these words govern as they give their God the right to lead. The truth is, these words strengthen their opportunity to lead. And they strengthen their people. If managers can not see it, there is time for change.
9 – Do not let the bums be down with you. How often have sharp edges of people been described as "just looking a little out"? "Too much drainage of results in genuine tools. Every manager and leader has had many experiences in the" universe "of people who tend to reduce their own activity – to make them genuine tools. Sustainable models and mentors, dishonest and two-way farmers, bad condition – all can involve a person. Therefore, positive and optimistic ideals and expectations are so important and encouraging. They make sure that inevitable negative accidents become drivers of behavior.
10. Find out and urge There is no conflict without conflict. Strength comes from different perspectives – and respect for these perspectives. It is often tempting to brush up with disagreement or observation or suggestion, but provide opportunities to receive more results in greater empowerment – and more effective decision making. [1 9659002] Indicate your own behavior against this ten steps. Take the steps to understand the situation and the situation of the people around you. Increased proxy will be the product of these actions.
I'm not what happened to me. I'm What I Expect to Become – Positive Inspiration Writing Wallpaper
Metaphors have been described by Spanish philosopher Jose Ortega y Gasset, as magical. He has referred to them as one of the fertile, fertile powers on earth. If you do not take advantage of this power, you need verbal opportunities to describe a picture of power.
Just think – one simple bi-directional image that appeared first in the Wall Street Journal in 1986 made it all the way to the White House. The words were a reference to the "glass roof" that seemed to prevent some women from climbing the success of the stairs at various workplaces. In 1991, the White House Council presented women and girls the "Glass Confirmation Plan" to help women and minorities in companies.
CHRYSLER'S EMPOWERMENT PUSH
Asked how his company had increased revenues by 246% in 1995, CEO Robert Eaton gave one word: "Empowerment." Simple word. Are there specific ways in which you work to encourage employees to have authority?
If not, check five in the approach. If you are not a supervisor, discuss the possibility of using the approach, with changes as needed, with work in your company.
The five-year approach asks the individual to consider how much responsibility it takes for a particular task. Here's what you say when you work with a level of responsibility with followers.
Level 5, highest, is a statement of IN-dependent. If you commit to this level, you are saying that you want to take full responsibility for the production. As a Level-5 player, you notify anyone. (Such a decision also means, by your power, that you take full accounting.) You are 100% in charge of the program, the process it takes and the product that is manufactured.
Level 4, where you take about 80% of power, requires you to take part. You come up with an idea of adding some of your work, you get approval from the power, which is, and you manage the project. However, you're ready to tell us about any responsibility, and so you connect someone to do something. You must monitor its work and be almost completely responsible for it. You are acting as executive at this level.
At the next level you and another person (usually your boss) assume 50/50 responsibility for implementing a particular plan. Although two of the two stages were top arrangements, this is a side agreement, bilateral street. You may come up with a plan of improvement or your manager could send you it. Either way you explain an overview of what you tend to do. Once you have been approved, you will continue and make regular progress to your manager on the way. Responsibility and responsibility are equal at this level of cooperation.
When you have either time or not to assert the project, you may want to work at the lowest level, IN-vestigate. Once you have identified a need or improvement, you will do some research to determine if it is worthwhile. (Maybe it's already done. Maybe someone else does it now. There's no funds for it.) If you've decided after the investigation, it's a project that involves execution, you'll turn it matters to someone else who would assume 80% of the warranty before its end. The lion's share of the guarantee would also fall on the shoulder of this party. Your input is only at the start of the project, but you are responsible for the accuracy and accuracy of the research regarding the responsibility of the project. At this stage, you are definitely serving in a subordinate position.
Minimum Warranty / Warranty, Level 1, requires you to be sincere in shaping any need you perceive. That's it. You have no further responsibility. Anyone else researches, forms a plan of intent, starts and / or operates independently. Here you have virtually no participation or ownership. The one you change is almost 100% guaranteed / guaranteed.
QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SUPERVISION OF THE ENVIRONMENT
1. Why do some refuse to have authority?
2. Why do some officers refuse to support others?
3. Studies Stephen Covey show 25-50% of activities in large organizations that are especially for political games and league companies. Is this so here? If so, what can we do with that?
Less than 20% human abilities are used in most places. If your workplace is typical of most places, there is a considerable waste of human abilities. What can you do to take advantage of this talent?
5. The author of Tom Peters has stated: "If you have gone for a whole week without being disobedient, you are doing your organization and yourself." How do you interpret this?
7. The author (The General Daughter) Nelson DeMille has said, "Power I have learned is done in many legitimate ways. But if the agency does not have the full power to you, it has given you a work that is very important and probably hurt, you have to take the power you need to get it done. I think the Army expects it, it assumes you show initiative, as they tell you constantly. But you will be to be careful because it only works if you get a job. "Explain why you agree or disagree.
8. Position Series Gratitude, Participation, Help, Security, Salary, Growth, Loyalty, Condition, Diplomacy.
9. What are your duties? What education do you have to do in your job? What changes will take place during your next five years? What obstacles prevent you from doing the best job you are capable of?
10- The company, once called Fortune as the # 1 company in the country to work, has these statements for employees: "The way you work with your employees is how they will treat your customers. A bad period. Awesome Okay, it's okay. Have fun at work. The company as a service company that must be in business [you're in.] Do what's needed. Rule, inside and outside. "Now create some instructions on how to control Employees in your workplace.
TECHNOLOGY: IT IS COMPANY
Never be opposed to combining ideas from different states. Here is one from the word fashion, applied to the business world. The famous French fashionista, dubbed "Coco", is known to say: "The greatest courage is still thinking for yourself." Help you share your thoughts at the workplace. And then, responding to these ideas.
Everyday things to be grateful for – gratitude – gratitude – grateful – law of attraction
confront.jpg (500 × 750)
I was thinking now how our conversation will be when we start dating. Most likely we will be talking on the phone every night and probably forever say goodbye, I can not wait to tell her that I love you every night
Girl should be two things – who and what she wants – pin
People often speak of self-power, but what is it really?
Power drives all of this universe and exists in everything and gives it the power to make things happen.
The sun represents amazing power that allows life to maintain itself. The same and higher strength of power is within each individual as tolerant and dormant, working on questions, until he is active.
Although this power is present in all, most power is associated with & # 39; Only to God and believe that only God, or Master, has this power.
Everyone has this power where every person is part of everything and ALL exists in every person. Realizing who you are is self-reliant and realizing this power within you and then updating it is called self-authority. When you realize who you are, the feeling of restraining your power and alert power fuels your thoughts and actions.
When you feel powerful, you feel more in control of your life and your choice, which brings joy. In this state of happiness, more joy lives and it is a wonderful and happy manifestation of all you want.
Since this power is fueled directly by Source, it's clean and loving and the only place that this power refuses to support is all that feathers of negativity. Promoting yourself involves the power to love and still can say no & # 39; when necessary. It helps you to know that you are worth every love and kindness in this world.
When you're as shining and powerful as the sun, all the people in your life, you get in touch with you and have a way that supports a charitable purpose, rather than opposing it.
Authentication occurs at the moment "& nbsp;" now. Life can be stunning and all you need is your eyes to see and experience it. Strengthen you now and the Law of Attraction will lead to an amazing change, completely changing your perception of this world and what you see.
Love and Light
Sugandhi Iyer, Writer and Attraction Attraction, www.lifebusinesscreations.com